Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Nutriport G-Tube


Well, as promised, here are pictures of the infamous Nutriport G-tube. This contraption is a great thing (if you have to have it.) Yet, it has been quite interesting to get used to. In fact, I'm still learning little tricks and tips. This top picture is how the tube fits into the g-tube for feeding time. This is what Brynlyn looks like when she's eating a meal. The green clasp covering the tube actually locks it into place so if she rolls over at night, it won't come out and "feed the bed." Since Brynlyn is continually fed all through the night (from midnight to 7am) this is really an important feature because I'm not always right there watching her. (I do have to sleep occasionally, you know.)
The bottom picture is what the tube looks like when there are no feedings going on. It is fairly low profile to her skin so it doesn't catch very often on things. I am still very cautious when I work with it. I'm nervous it might come out, even though it's quite secure in her stomach. I definitely like this much better than her foley tube they put in after fundo surgery, but it's still scary to work with new devices. Give me a few weeks and I might be a pro afterall.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Wow, that is something!! Things are definitely getting better. Hang in there, guys!

heart
Photobucket
chd, children, heart, defect
CHD Awareness site
22q 22q11 22q11.2 vcfs digeorge syndrome