Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Say cheese and meet cousin Abby!



I love these pictures. They were taken at Thanksgiving time. We were having a very large family reunion and unfortunately, Brynlyn could not take part in any of the festivities because she was being quarantined to keep any illnesses away from her. Well one night, all of my siblings and their spouses came over late late late to eat and scrapbook and play cards. It was such a fun time with memories I'll never forget! I took this picture with Brynlyn's back towards me because I had to show you how many people were checking her out and trying to get her to smile. That was the funniest picture of all! And Brynlyn was loving all of the attention.

(going clockwise from the bottom:)

Mike holding up Brynlyn's head, Aunt Sandy and new cousin Abby, newlyweds Robby and Emily, Aunt Connie, Aunt Barbie.

The bottom picture is Brynlyn and Abby. Abby was born 2 weeks before Brynlyn in June. So they are destined to be buddies. I was curious to see the size difference, developmental and behavior difference. Brynlyn was smaller than Abby and definitely not quite doing developmental things that Abby was doing. In the hospital, they told me that each day in the hospital, puts an infant about 3 days behind in development. I didn't believe them until I see it now. It's true the Bryn is behind. In fact, she's almost 6 months, but really she's doing 3 month developmental things. I know she'll catch up, and she's going to start getting physical therapy and speech therapy. But I do find it very interesting regarding the delays just because of the hospital stays.

Brynlyn can hardly wait until she and Abby can play together. I know they'll be fast friends.

No comments:

heart
Photobucket
chd, children, heart, defect
CHD Awareness site
22q 22q11 22q11.2 vcfs digeorge syndrome